Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections- Date last active or Date assigned

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections- Date last active or Date assigned

Hi Guys,

I am trying to clean up my reports and I have Equifax and Experian to go...

I have medical debt I am waiting to drop because I totally believe they are not mines!

My question is: When does this debt come off?  Does the reporting agency go by Date last active, Date Assigned or Date reported?

I would really use your expertise on this one... Since I don't know really where to post this.. I will post it in heis area and another one.

Thanks

Belle!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections- Date last active or Date assigned

With med collections, the DOFD is the date the medical service was rendered. Have you looked into using the HIPAA process to have these med collections removed?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fused,
But I am looking around and not sure if I am find the correct answer for me.  I have disputed these accounts and they keep coming back verified.  Experian is the worst!! I can never get them off.. I have 9 of these on that report.. I had 6 or so on my Trans and they all came off.  Now I have 3 very similar to the one below on Equifax.

I am thinking of purchasing a car but want the best possible FICO score.  They are above 700 and I have the Prime lenders for credit cards but I want a clean report!

Thanks for your help!

Here are my details:

Date assigned :May 01, 2003
Date reported:Apr 01, 2008
Date last active: Dec 01, 2002

Collection on debt to: Not Reported

The collection agency "491yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $100 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number "XXX2206".

Collection agency [?] 491yc00000 Original balance [?] $100 Current balance [?] $100 Status [?] Unpaid Date assigned [?] Sep 01, 2002 Date reported [?] Apr 01, 2008 Date last active [?] Mar 01, 2002 Date paid [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Original lender [?] Not Reported Account number [?] XXX2206 Type of account [?] Not Reported Account holder [?] Individual Type of credit [?] Not Reported Payment status [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Amount past due [?] Not Reported Account descriptions [?] Not Reported
Collection on debt to: Not Reported

The collection agency "491yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $150 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number "XXX2507".

Collection agency [?] 491yc00000 Original balance [?] $150 Current balance [?] $150 Status [?] Unpaid Date assigned [?] Jul 01, 2002 Date reported [?] Apr 01, 2008 Date last active [?] Feb 01, 2002 Date paid [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Original lender [?] Not Reported Account number [?] XXX2507 Type of account [?] Not Reported Account holder [?] Individual Type of credit [?] Not Reported Payment status [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Amount past due [?] Not Reported Account descriptions [?] Not Reported
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

How many times did you dispute these with the CRA's? And, when was the last time?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last dispute was in April 2008.  I used to do it all the time, until I was told. "this has been verified and this is your debt". I stopped figured I am stuck with it on my report.

It did not stop me from getting my house, cars or credit cards.  But I would like a clean credit report.

I was really happy when I sent the dispute letter via myfico.com... and transunion came back with a clean report.  I have no baddies on that report.. I pray I could do this with the other two. 

All three of the CAs had 10 or 11 collection accounts listed on my credit report. I wrote letters and called because a lot were dups, etc.  I was able to get some deleted in the first month of them appearing.  It happened right after we brought our house. 

Now I have 3 left on Equifax and 9 left on Experian.. Experain won't budge. no matter what I write or do they won't take any more off.

I have read that some people have challenged the CA and collection agencies only to see the debts re appear.. I don't need that either.

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts.

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

If you want to have these deleted, use the HIPAA letter process. Begin by doing the following:

Step #1: You must Opt Out of two things: Your Credit Reports and All Creditors. The first one ensures that the CRAs will not sell your personal data to anyone else (haha…no more data mining). The second one will prevent JDBs (and CAs) from buying and selling bogus collections.

Use this link to opt-out of your credit reports

OPT-OUT CREDIT REPORTS (or call 1.888.567.8688)

Use this link to opt-out from all of your CURRENT creditors that you're in GOOD standing with. Do not attempt to opt-out with any CAs or current creditors that you're in BAD standing with (i.e. charge-offs).

OPT-OUT ALL CREDITORS

Step #2: Also, be sure to update your personal information with the CRA's before doing any         credit repair.

Step #3: Send the pre-HIPAA dispute letter to the CRA ('s) CM (no RR, this is the only letter in the HIPAA process where you will not send it CMRRR) and wait up to 35 days for the results of the their investigation(s). Be sure to follow the stationary and font guidelines when writing the letter below. If your med collection is deleted, you're finished. If not, post your results before proceeding with the HIPAA process.

PRE-HIPAA MEDICAL DISPUTE LETTER

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.