Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Dropped Off My Credit Report But Judgement Still Stands

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Dropped Off My Credit Report But Judgement Still Stands

I have the same story as most of us here, ran up credit card bills when I was younger, lost my job and let my credit go into ruins. Now I am doing everything possible to rebuild my credit. I have a question that it seems no one really knows the answer to so I am turning to this forum to see if anyone has some insight.

I had a B of A credit card go into collections and it is now owned by CACH LLC and I have actually been sued by Daniels and Norelli (another long story within itself of not being served and therefore had no idea). Now I have a judgment on my credit report. In July, I noticed that the CACH LLC collections was removed from my account (I do not know if it was because of SOL or because they removed it themselves). How can I find out why it was removed? Also, if they removed the debt due to inaccurracies on their part, how does this affect the judgement. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

TIA

(I am actually looking into working out some sort of pay for delete agreement but wanted to make sure the debt is still valid before I do that)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Collections Dropped Off My Credit Report But Judgement Still Stands

Need a little more detail for people to hop in, and help...

Dates of:

DOFD

CO

CA hitting you

CA vanishing

Judgment 

Also, you said they vanished...which report did you see this on, and was this report directly from (list the CRA)? Have you checked all three (EQ, EX,TU)?

*edit: what state do you live in/ where did the judgement take place?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD: Dec 2010

CO: July 2011

CA: not sure since I had not checked my CR

CA Vanishing: July 2014

Judgement: Nov 2012

It vanished from all three CRA

I live in NY and it is also where judgement took place. 

Message 3 of 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I know NY is kinda screwy with their 5yr law..I'm not entirely familiar with that, and how it may assist you. Others will jump in, and I'll do some research, and reply when I can.

Bump

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Ok, so I understand that you weren't properly served, and found this default judgement on your CRs....

Here you go....

I wouldn't worry about the CA disappearing...they probably sold it off to the PLLC that sued you.

NYC: Vacate DFJ

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I should try and get the judgement vacated based on being improperly served? My concern is that I read somewhere that even if I get the judgement vacated, I can still be re-sued. Whom do I contact in order to pay the debt.

Thank you very much for your help. 

Message 7 of 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I should try and get the judgement vacated based on being improperly served? My concern is that I read somewhere that even if I get the judgement vacated, I can still be re-sued. Whom do I contact in order to pay the debt.

Thank you very much for your help. 

What I'd do is go to the courthouse of the proceedings, and verify their documented efforts/details of "serving you," and take it from there.

Vacating can be scary, but hopefully you'll be dismissed with predjudice, where it's barred from coming back to bite you.

If not, someone down the way will inherit it through purchase, and attempt to contact you for settlement. Lawsuits are typically the last line of collection.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.