Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Free!!!!!!

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

Collections Free!!!!!!

Finally, after years of having collections showing in my credit report I now have 0 derogatory remarks in my report. YEI. I had four collections in my report. One I paid for delete then the other three got sold to new agencies so they were removed from my report. They contacted me. One was for library books. I received a letter and phone call so i decided to pay it. Then the other two were held by the same collections agency. They sent a settlement letter for 247 for one and the other one for 267. Orig amount $950 and $1085. It was two ambulance rides. I had back in 2012. No ins at the time. So, now that i have no more collections in my record I can actually answer the phone. Lol. I've been bad with credit and have always had about three collections reporting. I promise to make a payment plan next time i cant pay a bill. I just feels great! And I recently hit 703 Fico 8 score.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Free!!!!!!

Yes it feels great when there are no collections and your scores start to rise.  Just remember from this point forward, to use better judgement when it comes to repaying debts.  I was in the same boat a while back, and I have learned from my mistakes.  Kudos to you for making good on things financially.  Now, keep up the good work ;-)

Message 2 of 10
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

Awesome. I have 8 more to go!!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, on the clean reports and hitting 700!
Message 4 of 10
CreditScoreChallenged
New Contributor

Congratulations!!! I am excited for you. I have about 4 more years for mine to all fall off. I can't wait....it's still a long road ahead for me but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Capital One Platinum $3500 || Quicksilver One $2500 || GM Buypower $500 || PayPal Extra MC $300 || Walmart
$850|| Victoria Secret $3150 || Gettington
$4500|| Kohl's
$700|| Fullbeauty $650
EQ 631 TU 666 EX 671 Goal: 700 across the board
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats greent! Well done 🎉

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! With a 703...it sounds like you learned that lesson! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Now that you're clean, there's no reason why you can't be at 760+ in 6-9 months. 

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Dup threads have been merged into one... Grats to your success OP Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.