Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Help!!!

The following collection just showed up on my credit report decreasing my score:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In 7/1/2011, the collection agency CREDIT MANAGEMENT was hired by creditor Not Reported to collect $422 in debts on account number XXXX1240.

Original balance:     $422     Agency name:     CREDIT MANAGEMENT
Current balance:     $422     Agency number:     682YC05551
Status (as of 9/1/2011) :     UNPAID     Agency industry:     Not Reported
First delinquency:     5/1/2011     Original creditor:     682YC05551
Last payment:     Not on Record            
Description:     Not Reported

Contact: CREDIT MANAGEMENT, 17070 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, TX, 752481950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure what it is but i think is has something to do with Comcast because they called 'my brother' about a month ago about a bill for me.  They NEVER even contacted me. I called them to see what was going on and they said I have a past due bill and owe them a modem which is completely bogus but now this. What can I do?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collections Help!!!

FDCPA 809(a) is in place to regulate a debt collector initiating collection activities without advising you, within 5 days of any intitial communication regarding the debt, of their identity, the identity of the OC, the amount of the debt, and your legal debt validation rights.  Posting to your CR is regarding as an initial communication that triggers their obligation to send you a formal collection (dunning) notice within 5 days of that reporting.

If they have not sent you dunning notice, and it was reported back in July, they are in violation of FDCPA 809(a). 

You have their address.   I would DV them under FDCPA 809(b).  You can include an "advisement" in your DV letter that they are in violation of FDCPA 809(a), and it is being reported to the FTC.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.