Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections NOT on report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections NOT on report

Just received a settlement offer from Northland Group in reference to a Macy's credit card debt. The debt is originally for $559. However, Northland Group is suggesting a settlement amount of $251.76 and my account "will be considered resolved and closed" if I pay the amount by April 8th. I would like to first send a PFD but Northland is not reporting on my credit report, Macy's was! Macy has stopped reporting this debt since 2012. How do I get rid of this tradeline?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ambular1304
Contributor

Re: Collections NOT on report

Is it past the SOL... Maybe it's a junk debt collector

Message 2 of 5
ruafraidofme
Established Member

Northland is usually an assignee for macys also macys most likely still owns it. I am dealing with them for a Macys debt already.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ambular1304 wrote:

Is it past the SOL... Maybe it's a junk debt collector

The debt is still within SOL

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If I understand, the OC reported, and it remains in your credit report, but they are no longer updating?

If the OC reporting still remains, you could contact them and offer a PFD in exchange for their deletion of their reporting.  They may or may not be able to accept payment while their debt collector has assigned authority, as many assignment agreements stiplate that all payments must be thru the debt collextor

If the OC does accept payment, that wont preclude the debt collector from still reporting, but they may not make the effort on a closed collection.

You can alternately offer the debt collector a pay for not reporting offer, thus preventing reporting of a collection, but not addressing the reporting by the OC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.