Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Question

Hey guys and gals...my wife had a collections account show up out of nowhere on her Experian report yesterday. It's with Southwest credit services. The original creditor is Comcast. I believe it's from an account we had when we moved about 5 years ago. The debt is probaly valid. However, we received no notice at all about this before it showed up on her report. The timing couldn't be worse as we were just about to begin the process of refinancing our mortgage. Do we have to hope for PFD or is there another option? Thx.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collections Question

There is no requriement that a debt collector make any contact or communication with the consumer prior to reporting their collection to a CRA.

The only way to know if they will accept a PFD is to make the offer.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Collections Question

Agree. All you can do is try. I'd at least pay it if they will not delete, then try to GW after that. But at least have it showing paid on your reports if it ends up remaining there, so that when you move on to refinance, it looks better to the lender.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.