Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Questions

i'm in the process of trying to fix my credit since i ruined it when i was 18 im 23 now, and on my Credit Report i have 5 accounts that are currently in collections 1- AT&T $810 2- T-Mobile $877 both are being collected by Enhanced Recovery Group, 3 - Capital One $791 by Portfolio Recovery Associates ,4- NationWide Insurance, $658 Credit Coll Services, 5- $288 Verizon Wireless Pinnacle Credit Serivces, all of these debts are around 4-5 years old, i would like to try and get the collection agencys to do a Pay For Delete & i would also like to try and get them to reduce the debt if i were to pay a lump sum at once on each account listed,my questions are how do i go about contacting these Collection Agencys, do i Email them with my info & account information that they are trying to collect,& request to get a PFD in writing & tell them that id be willing to pay 50% of whats owed to them in one payment if i am able to receieve PFD in writing?, im not sure how to go about doing this, i never really cared about the items on my credit report but now i want to get them all cleared off and payed so i can get my credit scores up, any help with how i should go about paying these and asking for PFD would be much appreciated, Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections Questions

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm in the process of trying to fix my credit since i ruined it when i was 18 im 23 now, and on my Credit Report i have 5 accounts that are currently in collections 1- AT&T $810 2- T-Mobile $877 both are being collected by Enhanced Recovery Group, 3 - Capital One $791 by Portfolio Recovery Associates ,4- NationWide Insurance, $658 Credit Coll Services, 5- $288 Verizon Wireless Pinnacle Credit Serivces, all of these debts are around 4-5 years old, i would like to try and get the collection agencys to do a Pay For Delete & i would also like to try and get them to reduce the debt if i were to pay a lump sum at once on each account listed,my questions are how do i go about contacting these Collection Agencys, do i Email them with my info & account information that they are trying to collect,& request to get a PFD in writing & tell them that id be willing to pay 50% of whats owed to them in one payment if i am able to receieve PFD in writing?, im not sure how to go about doing this, i never really cared about the items on my credit report but now i want to get them all cleared off and payed so i can get my credit scores up, any help with how i should go about paying these and asking for PFD would be much appreciated, Thanks

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Getting one in writing is the gold standard, you would want to send such offers to the office of the CEO if at all possible. If the OC still owns the debt you may be able to get them to recall the collectors in exchange for payment. Getting an OC to delete their derog entry is a tough job and sometimes its not possible unless the debt is so old its near its max time it can remain on file.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Collections Questions

I would research the exact dates and laws that apply to drop off from your report.

Do they still call?  If so, tell them "I do not admit to or confirm any debt, but would be interested in seeing what settlement amount you would take to resolve this situation.  I will need this is writing mailed to my address."

If they are all old and not bothering you, you might just be poking a hornet's nest.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.