Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Questions

Hi,

I have a question in regards to two bills that got sent to collections. The company is Transworld (the devil lol) for both of them. One is a medical bill for $100 and the other is an education bill where I owed the school about $650, but the are asking for over $800. The medical I just totally forgot about and the education one I simply didn't have the rest of the money for a semester and let it sit for too long. I've talked to both OC and they said I need to speak to the CA. So i'm wondering do you think I should I do the Whychat Hippa Letters? I've been really working on my credit score and I am trying to buy a house buy the summer and don't want this to mess me up.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Questions

What are Whychat Hippa letters/ is that a company who does dispsute letters. I am in the same situation as you. Hubby and I want to buy a new home this fall but I have multiple medical bills in collections.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone have advice?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im pretty sure the Hipaa process is only applicable to medical debt. I have gotten things removed from my report by simply calling the Collection Agencys and negotiating a pay for delete. I tell them I dont acknowledge the debt but am willing to settle for x amount of dollars if they send me a letter on their official letterhead stating that if paid will be deleted from all credit bureaus. Alot of people say to never call. So you can correspond by snail mail requesting it also. Hope that helps a bit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.