Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Reported on my Credit Report. Score drops by 108

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Reported on my Credit Report. Score drops by 108

I didn't go back and read the post from page 1.

If the OC won't deal with you, then I would write a PFD letter. Don't use the one on this site as it really doesn't apply. State the situation and what happened and that you want to pay this account, you thought it was paid long ago, and have always wanted to pay, but you feel that it is unfair to be dinged for a delinquent account you weren't aware went delinquent.

Instead of making the PFD letter sound like "I will pay if you delete" make it sound like "I am going to pay, but am wondering if you can delete based upon the circumstances".

If you pay with an agreement to delete, your score will likely not change at all. But then you can GW.

Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying that if I pay with an agreement to delete and if the deliquency is deleted then my score still wont get better? The amount is just $70 and I would have paid it anytime, I just did not know. I just read that Fair Collections and Outsourcing normally does not respond well to PFD. I just wish I can get my score back up or have it impact less.

If I sent a PFD as indicated here, can it not be helpful? Worst case I can send a second PFD with the way you mention?

Thanks

Message 42 of 44
RustyRico
Established Member

I know your posted this a while ago. However did you ever get them to delete it.

Message 43 of 44
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RustyRico wrote:

I know your posted this a while ago. However did you ever get them to delete it.

So just you'll know the OP hasn't been back online in almost 2 years so you might not get a quick response.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.