Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Reported on my Credit Report. Score drops by 108

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Reported on my Credit Report. Score drops by 108

Ok. I am finally able to post an update. For some reason the forum always errors out and i can not post to the forums. So I had sent a CMRRR and it was accepted on the 5th of Jan. Just 2 more days? If I do not hear a response does it mean I can send the letter I sent and the green card to CRA and have them remove it?

I was planning to send an ITS letter too but wanted to see how the DV reply goes.

Meanwhile can someone point me to a good ITS letter. I searched but could not find one.

Appreciate your response.

Also is there a way to fix the bug to post responses?

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. I am finally able to post an update. For some reason the forum always errors out and i can not post to the forums. So I had sent a CMRRR and it was accepted on the 5th of Jan. Just 2 more days? If I do not hear a response does it mean I can send the letter I sent and the green card to CRA and have them remove it?

I was planning to send an ITS letter too but wanted to see how the DV reply goes.

Meanwhile can someone point me to a good ITS letter. I searched but could not find one.

Appreciate your response.

Also is there a way to fix the bug to post responses?

you might want to give it 5 extra days from the 30th day - this is in case the CA sent you something on the 30th day. then check you creit report to see if the tradeline is gone. Unlikely, but...

you can try the route of sending the GC to the CRA, but, in my experience, the CRA will do nothing about it.

have you checked your credit reports to verify that the CA added the comment "consumer disputes" to the tradeline? whether they did it or not, I would print the reports and keep them for future reference.

what I would do is to file additional complaints with the BBB, the AGs and the FTC against the CA for violating the FDCPA by continuing collection effort past 30 days without validation.

then i would send a letter to the CA telling them that from receipt of the letter, continuing to report without validation is considered willful violation of the FDCPA.

wait another week from receipt and then send an ITS letter giving 1 week to remove and sending you a $1,000 check of file suit.

Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so I gave 5 more days and I checked my report and still the same as before. There is no comment about consumer disputes etc etc. I will go ahead and file again with AG and BBB. One question I have is that in BBB they ask person you contacted when you contacted first and second etc. What should i put in there as I did not contact any person directly. Inputs appreciated...

Any sample letter for the 2nd letter to be sent to CA about reporting is a violation?

Also sample letter for ITS please.

Thank you.

Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

I recd. a letter from the AG office and the CA has actually responded to DA with all the details in response to my DV. They say they sent three letters in late 2007 before reporting on to CRA. They also mention about them receiving a check from me which got declined (because I had put a stop on the check) and then they recd a DV letter from me. They have sent an entire validation of the debt to the AG's office but nothing to me directly.

The AG's office have sent me an entire package with the details. I never got anything from the CA directly. Is this still ok? How would the CA know that AG sent me the details?

Why would the CA not respond to my DV but only to AG? Can I still send an ITS letter or now my only option is a PFD?

Thanks

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would look for lawyer if i were you.
Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmmm is lawyer the only way? What kind of lawyer?

Message Edited by dealaddict on 03-02-2009 08:59 AM
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone? Is seeking lawyer my only option? Why did the CA not respond to me directly but only to AG and the AG has sent me the required things. Do I now take the PFD route or still claim to CA that I am yet to get the respond to DV.

Also they claim they had sent me letters but I never recd. even one. The only way I knew was because i saw it on my CR.

I need to figure out which direction to go so any help is appreciated.

Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wish someone would provide me with a better input. I plan to sent a PFD letter at this time. Although I am yet to hear from them directly. If someone can give valuable input this would be great.

Thanks

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

dealaddict wrote:

Update:

I recd. a letter from the AG office and the CA has actually responded to DA with all the details in response to my DV. They say they sent three letters in late 2007 before reporting on to CRA. They also mention about them receiving a check from me which got declined (because I had put a stop on the check) and then they recd a DV letter from me. They have sent an entire validation of the debt to the AG's office but nothing to me directly.

The AG's office have sent me an entire package with the details. I never got anything from the CA directly. Is this still ok? How would the CA know that AG sent me the details?

Why would the CA not respond to my DV but only to AG? Can I still send an ITS letter or now my only option is a PFD?

Thanks

If you requested validation more than 30 days after they first sent you a letter, then they are not required to validate to you.

If they provided the validation to the AG and the AG forwarded it to you, then I am not understanding the problem.

Is this your debt? Is it correct?

Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

like i said from first. I know the debt is mine and the docs forwarded by AG are correct. The problem was that I never recd. any of their letters as they claim. I dont know if Postoffice missed it or I just did not notice the mails. The first time I got to know was when it hit my CR. I had sent the check but seems like the OC never recd it and hence the deliquency. I am ready to pay it all up but hoping I can remove it from my CR. I feel i never got a chance to remove it before it went into my CR and this is impacting me severly.

Is my next step a PFD? If they do not accept the PFD is my last resort to pay it up and have it noted as Paid in Full? Will that help my score somewhat? My score dropped from 800+ to 690+ and I hope to get atleast to 720+ so I can qualify for most things.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.