Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections about to fall off?

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Collections about to fall off?

I have 3 medical collections that will hit the 7 year mark soon. I was wondering if anyone has experience with collections falling off and could tell me how much it helped your score? I have 2 revolving lines & my utility bill has been reported late a few times in 3 years. Everything has been current for about 6 months.
Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections about to fall off?

@jbishop1001 wrote:
I have 3 medical collections that will hit the 7 year mark soon. I was wondering if anyone has experience with collections falling off and could tell me how much it helped your score? I have 2 revolving lines & my utility bill has been reported late a few times in 3 years. Everything has been current for about 6 months.

Depends on whether or not those collections are updated monthly or not if they are it could be substantial as they appear new to Fico every time they update if they are not and have aged you will still get some points just not as many if they were on a monthly update cycle. Your score is pretty low I would be GW lettering the  lates that are being reported. 30-60 day lates typically affect Fico for 2 years anything more is the full time they are on file.

Message 2 of 4
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

The last time they updated was more than a year ago after I tried to dv them. And I have 2 120 day lates. DTE energy shutoff protection plan is so terrible. If you default from your plan, it reports fromthe 1st day you were late on your total balance, not just for the month. They arent willing to gw.
Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jbishop1001 wrote:
The last time they updated was more than a year ago after I tried to dv them. And I have 2 120 day lates. DTE energy shutoff protection plan is so terrible. If you default from your plan, it reports fromthe 1st day you were late on your total balance, not just for the month. They arent willing to gw.

Those 120 lates are what is really hurting they will the entire time they remain on file. Keep sending GW letters to the CEO at 1 a month till you get what you want. If you were enrolled in a special plan I would read the terms very carefully and if you find that it should not have been reported then file BBB complaint on them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.