Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections accounts

How can I get two old collection accounts from ARS CREDIT SOLUTIONS For 111 dollars and 63 dollars. Obviously paying it isn't a problem but I want them to delete the accounts from my credit. Any ideas? Tips? Also I had a chap 7 do in 2007 and it's off Experian and equifax but not transunion. I have sent letter after letter, even notarized letters and transuion will not budge. Any ideas? 

Thanks all 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections accounts

I just got rid of an ARS collection.

When I called to pay it, THEY offered to remove it before I could even ask. I paid, emailed them a statement saying I would not cancel or stop the payment. Within a couple of weeks it was gone off all 3 bureaus.

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditman03 wrote:

How can I get two old collection accounts from ARS CREDIT SOLUTIONS For 111 dollars and 63 dollars. Obviously paying it isn't a problem but I want them to delete the accounts from my credit. Any ideas? Tips? Also I had a chap 7 do in 2007 and it's off Experian and equifax but not transunion. I have sent letter after letter, even notarized letters and transuion will not budge. Any ideas? 

Thanks all 

Try the PFD on the collections. A BK7 can remain on file for up to 10 years post filing. If it was dismissed they may drop it at the 7 year mark but they dont have to.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I called to pay it, THEY offered to remove it before I could even ask. I paid, emailed them a statement saying I would not cancel or stop the payment. Within a couple of weeks it was gone off all 3 bureaus.

Did they send you a letter stating they would remove it from your credit? These two accounts have only ever reported to Experian. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditman03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they send you a letter stating they would remove it from your credit? These two accounts have only ever reported to Experian. 

I had to email first (after I paid) and promise not to cancel the payment at anytime and that I wanted it removed from my reports. They emailed a letter the next day saying that they submitted for removal to all three bureaus.

It was about as pleasant as a debt collection could possibly be.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can second that. I had 2 collections with ARS that were about 700 each that I was able to get a PFD this month. I paid in full and emailed someone there like i was instructed and stated I wouldn't stop or cancel payment. Couple days later I was emailed a document on official company letterhead apologizing for any inconvenience and that they submitted to all 3 credit bureaus to be deleted.

About 3 weeks later they were erased from my report.

I wish all CAs were this easy to work with cough cough conserve...
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can second that. I had 2 collections with ARS that were about 700 each that I was able to get a PFD this month. I paid in full and emailed someone there like i was instructed and stated I wouldn't stop or cancel payment. Couple days later I was emailed a document on official company letterhead apologizing for any inconvenience and that they submitted to all 3 credit bureaus to be deleted.

So you paid first without a guarantee in writing that they would remove it from the credit bureaus? You recommend me just calling and speaking to someone and asking them ?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. A friend from work had recently paid a collection with them and I was skeptical but he vouched for it.

I called them and the CSR brought up the PFD before I even had a chance to.

I still have the letter if you'd like to see it if it will make you feel more at ease.

Oh I also only ended up paying 55% of total balance which was also all on the CSR without me even asking I was prepared to pay everything just to have it deleted.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditman03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you paid first without a guarantee in writing that they would remove it from the credit bureaus? You recommend me just calling and speaking to someone and asking them ?

By all means, if you feel more comfortable getting it in writing, you could ask for it.

My experience was prior to looking into these forums so I didn't know any better and just had the dumb luck that ARS was so willing to remove it. Since someone else had the same experience, I would say that it might just be standard operating procedure for them.

ARS also offered me a huge discount the first time I called in, but I denied because I didn't remember the bill and came back months later to pay the debt.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did. A friend from work had recently paid a collection with them and I was skeptical but he vouched for it.

I called them and the CSR brought up the PFD before I even had a chance to.

I still have the letter if you'd like to see it if it will make you feel more at ease.

Oh I also only ended up paying 55% of total balance which was also all on the CSR without me even asking I was prepared to pay everything just to have it deleted.

They offered that to me as well! I was typing it as you posted it.

Seems like discounted balance and removal are their routine.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.