Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections and More Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections and More Collections

Ok, my score is a 550, and during the Great Recession I was unemployed.  I made a $1000 a month to support a family of 3.  Myself, my husband and our son who was a newborn.  I did not pay any bill not related to food or shelter.  I have 16 collection accounts total about 9k, student loans very late but not in default and  a home loan modification.  At one point I was 120 days late on my mortgage-I had to be that late before my lender would work with me.  My husband and I now have ok jobs, we have paid the mortgage on time for 4 years.  I have contacted my student loan lender about an income repayment plan.  We are working on pay for deletions.  In addition my husband has the same issues.  Our lender closed all our credit cards. 

Where should we begin...feeling a bit overwhelmed? What do we do when creditors will not agree to a delete?  

How can we get our score back to a 700?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections and More Collections

Send DV letters, then pay for delete, if they don't do it then pay the orignal creditor and send GW.

Get a secured card.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections and More Collections

Thanks I need all the help I can get

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.