cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections back on my credit report after removal.

tag
jordanhand
Contributor

Collections back on my credit report after removal.

I had 3 collections from old cellphone bills through enhanced recovery that I goodwilled; They sent me back letters proving the debt but also stating that they would remove them, without me paying anything... They did remove them and now they are all 3 back on my report......

I emailed enhanced recovery asking them to remove them again, permantely because theyve already sent me letters stating they would.. but they have not responsed

How do I go about getting these letters to the credit bureaus to get them removed for good?

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collections back on my credit report after removal.

Voluntary deletion does not invoke any block against reinsertion.

If your prior letter was not a timely DV, then there would be no cease collection bar under the FDCPA to prevent their reporting.

Additionally, if they have voluntarily validated, then a DV at this time would appear to now be moot.

All I can think of is that if their prior letter stated that they will not puruse the debt, then you can assert that they cancelled the debt.

However, that would be asking them to send a form 1099c, making the debt income under the IRS code.

You appear to have a new, valid reporting of a collection that you would deal with in the normal manner.

Since you apparently previously pursued by way of a good will PFD offer, then you acknlowledge the debt?

Why not simply send another PFD?

Message 2 of 3
jordanhand
Contributor

Re: Collections back on my credit report after removal.

I guess what im confused about is why send me a letter staing they would remove it, remove it for 5 months and then put it back on without any notification

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.