Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections coming off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections coming off

I had a collection that I recently did a pfd on and another that I was given an early exclusion on. Any idea on how long they take to update? I subscribe to the 3 bureau monitoring. Will I get an update when they do come off or how I do I monitor that?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Collections coming off

I'd give it 30 days from when you received the PFD and early exclusion. And while others who subscribe to 3 bureau monitoring (I don't) may know better, I don't believe you're notified when something comes off of your credit report, only when something negative is added. That means you'll most likely have to pull reports to confirm whether the items have been removed.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically the change gets included in the next factor that actually gets tracked. For example: You had a baddie removed, and 10 days later your CC statement posts. The CC Statement posting causes the FICO score to recalculate, the drop of the baddie will get included in that recalculation so you will see a boost from both the CC payment and low utilization (if applicable of course Smiley Happy) and the boost from the removed TL

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!
Message 4 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Typically the change gets included in the next factor that actually gets tracked. For example: You had a baddie removed, and 10 days later your CC statement posts. The CC Statement posting causes the FICO score to recalculate, the drop of the baddie will get included in that recalculation so you will see a boost from both the CC payment and low utilization (if applicable of course Smiley Happy) and the boost from the removed TL

My apologies if I've misunderstood your post, twalsh0625, but....

• Collection agency items, which I believe the OP is referring to, are not the same as TLs and are not included in CC statements.
  • Recalculated scores are triggered by score requests, i.e. applications, myFICO purchases, credit monitoring, etc., and not CC statement postings.
  • Other than by their absence, the removal of baddies, whether collections, public records or TL delinquencies, are not specifically noted on a credit report.
  • Neither the removal of a baddie nor a drop in utilization guarantees a score boost.

This is not to say, however, that it's not possible for a credit monitoring service to alert you when something has been removed, i.e. compares reports daily for differences and reports those differences.

I would still recommend OP proactively check to see if the collections/baddies have been removed after about 30 days.

Message 5 of 6
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Sign up for identity guard free trial to see all three reports then cancel and use credit karma

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.