Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections disputed.. what next??

tag
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

Collections disputed.. what next??

So i disputed an unpaid collections and they validated the debt.. What should be my next step in order to do a PFD? Would settling work also? The collection is past the SOL. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Collections disputed.. what next??

If you want it off your CR you can try to PFD but they may not accept a settlement for a deletion. You can always try though.
Message 2 of 6
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

Yeah I wanted to try at least. So the original amount I owe is $879. But the collection agency amount i owe is $1500. Theyve been bumping up the amount monthly. Should I try to settle for the original amount I owe or the collection agency amount? 

@ssondubs wrote:
If you want it off your CR you can try to PFD but they may not accept a settlement for a deletion. You can always try though

Message 3 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

What were your reasons for disputing it?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 6
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

A credit repair company disputed it for me.. They chose to dispute my collections. So I wanted to see if I can do anything about it

Message 5 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@AwwwYeee wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

A credit repair company disputed it for me.. They chose to dispute my collections. So I wanted to see if I can do anything about it

You can ask the CRAs to remove the dispute comment and state that you are no longer disputing the particular tradeline. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.