Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections falling like leaves!!!

tag
princechristian
Regular Contributor

Collections falling like leaves!!!

Ok so I am down to ONE collection! Started with +10 earlier in year! Best part is that I have not had to pay 1 cent for any even though I offered PFDs to some. Recent two that fell off were Hollway Credit Solutions and NORTHEAST SYSTEMS! Sent PFDs via email and postal, to no avail. Finally decided to simply dispute them both online, separately because they were not on same report. One was Equifax and other Experian. Both fell off from these disputes. Holloway was near SOL, Northeast was not. Only one left now, CMI Group, Credit Management International, and they are TOUGH! 

Credit file is looking a lot better now. Equifax is worst looking file because although they are no more collections left, the late auto loan payments are ONLY on Equifax. Experian & Transunion file look better with no auto loan lates on either aside from collection. Thank you all.

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Collections falling like leaves!!!

Ah, I forgot you also had CMI.  PM incoming

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's some great work, congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I suggest keeping a close eye on your credit report, with a view at any new collection reported.

Deletion of the collections could mean that a new debt collector could pop up.  With deletion of the prior collections having resulted in their apparent failure to have verified the accuracy of their reporting during your dispute, any new debt collector is required to first provide pre-certification before their collection can be entered into your file.

If the new debt collector follows the FCRA process and provides such pre-ceritification, the CRA must send you written notification of their reinsertion within 5 days thereafter.

So you will get timely notice.  Dont let one slip in without having followed the required pre-certification of accuracy process.

Message 4 of 5
princechristian
Regular Contributor

Thanks! 

Already aware and will keep an eye!

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.