Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections from Sprint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections from Sprint

I currently have a collection from sprint for a cell phone bill of $1036. This included early termination fees, for the terrible service that I got. It says "Virtuoso CO" they can't force me into bankruptcy for this right? I mean having an account in collection has what reprecutions beside it affection your credit?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections from Sprint

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have a collection from sprint for a cell phone bill of $1036. This included early termination fees, for the terrible service that I got. It says "Virtuoso CO" they can't force me into bankruptcy for this right? I mean having an account in collection has what reprecutions beside it affection your credit?

No.. they can't force you to BK.   How old is the account?  What is the DOFD of the TL?  Is it with SOL?  Shed some light on the situation but $1K in collections is no reason for BK.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 14
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

I also have a collection from Sprint, which I have been trying to pay in full for deletion. They have never replied to my request but I noticed the trade line dropped off my TU report but it exists on EQ and EX stil.

Good luck to you.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 3 of 14
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Chiming in a bit late.....I would deal directly with Sprint...I too had a collection with Sprint, and I called Sprint directly made the payment directly to them and they sent me a letter stating the account was paid in full, and account in good standing and removed the TL from my reports.....Less than 1 month ago!!!!!

Starting Score: 7/12 545 EX (PSECU)
Current Score: 689 EX (PSECU) / EQ 697 / TU 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If you go this route ask if they'll pull it back from the CA first.  Otherwise the CA can still post the TL.

Edited because I clicked post before I typed anything.  It's a morning thing.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an open account with sprint and I PFD. They came through, it was off of my credit report in less than 30 days. Good luck!

Message 6 of 14
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

I paid sprint directly after CA agency said they wanted to charge a $12.95 fee. It didn't take a week to have it removed

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What could happen if you didn't pay is that they can garnish your wages or freeze your bank account to get a garnishment with them.

I'd make a payment plan before they decide to sue you (though I'm surprised by how infrequently this happens in the real world considering what kind of money they'd be looking for).
Message 8 of 14
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Agree they could sue, but that's a big "IF" depending on SOL.......Payment plans on an open account still wouldn't stop them from reporting deliquencies as well.

Message 9 of 14
igids1
Regular Contributor

The early termination fees are a racket! If you do not care about your credit, just don't pay it. Eventually it will end up with a collection agency. Let the account get old, and offer them 25% to pay it off. They would have to sue you, and win to be able to garnish or freeze your accounts. What state do you live in? When is the last time you made a payment to sprint?

Learn what a debt validation letter is. Send one to every Collection agency or lawyer that contacts you. For such a small amount, the odds are you will not be sued. It's possible, but maybe a 5-10% chance, as long as you answer along the way.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.