Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections gone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections gone?

Last year when I pulled my CR I had two CA reporting. I just pulled my CR again and everything is gone except for 1 OC repoting with a $0 balance. Should I expect the CA to report again at sometime? Is it weird for it the collections to be deleted off of all three reports? 

** The collections are from 2006 so they haven't reached their drop off dates.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Collections gone?

It maybe the CA sold the debt to another CA,so you may get a notice from the new CA.

Now some CA's choose not to report, while others do.

It maybe the CR's,some third party CR's dont always show all the info.

Annualcreditreport.com shows more detailed info because they come straight from the CRA's.

The 1 OC showing a $0 balance that means the debt was sold,and wouldnt be sold back to the OC.

Now the other OC, it maybe only assigned to a CA, maybe the OC still owns the debt.

Are you saying the DOFD on the OC's accounts are from 2006?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

It maybe the CA sold the debt to another CA,so you may get a notice from the new CA.

Now some CA's choose not to report, while others do.

It maybe the CR's,some third party CR's dont always show all the info.

Annualcreditreport.com shows more detailed info because they come straight from the CRA's.

The 1 OC showing a $0 balance that means the debt was sold,and wouldnt be sold back to the OC.

Now the other OC, it maybe only assigned to a CA, maybe the OC still owns the debt.

Are you saying the DOFD on the OC's accounts are from 2006?

This information was taking from Annualcreditreport.com.

Last years report showed 2 OC reporting a $0 balance. One from USCelluar and the other from BoA. The report also shows 2 CA reporting having taking over the debt from both OC.

This years reports are now missing everything except the report from the OC (BoA).

I've tried contacting BoA to see if they had any idea who owns they debt now, and they told me that they don't have that information anymore.

The DOLA was in March of 2006.

Im just not sure why things are missing, if its a good thing or if its something that will return over time. Also I have not been contacted by a CA for 3 years now.

Should I try to find more information on the debts are just leave it alone? As of now since the information is missing my TU fico score has jumped to 654( taken from myFico) . And my Equifax can not generate a score because I only have 1 CC (from kays) reporting on it for about 3 months because everything is missing from that report..

Edit: Not sure if its worth mentioning, but the BoA was the only TL I have had till recentely (kays card). That and my cell phone (Us celluar) went deliquent when I lost my Job when I was 18,  5 years ago.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The most common reason for a debt collector deleting on their own volition is that they have sold the debt to another debt collector.  You may see a new debt collector reporting in the future.

There is one thing of which you can be certain.  Until the debt is paid, it is still owed.

While in limbo, I suggest you take a minute to calculate the two dates that are still relevant.

The first date is the expiration of your state SOL on this debt, which governs whether you would have an SOL defense should legal action be taken.

The second date is the DOFD on the OC acccount, which governs how long any reporting by a debt collector can be posted by the CRA in any credit report they issue.

If you determine that the debt is now outside of SOL, and that more than 7 years plus 180-days has expired from the DOFD, then you have basis for defense of any legal action, and additionally a bar of any CA being included in your CR based on the debt.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already check the SOL and I am deffinitely outside of it by 2 years.( its 3 years from NC from what I found).

I am getting married in October and my Fiancee has amazing credit. I want to do my part to get mine back to where it needs to be and get my finances straight (after all finances are one of the biggest relationship problems). I was just approved for a Cap 1 secured card and its on the way plus the kay CC I got when I got the ring. And plan on keeping util under 9% ( since I dont really need the cards, i've learn live within my means since I screwed up pretty bad on my first and on CC at 18). I just want to try to get my past debt payed up and hopefully remove. I have the money to PIF for all of it now. I know in about 3 - 4 years we will be wanting to by a house and I want to make sure I do my part to get the best APR we can.

Message 5 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Good for you getting your finances in order. woo hoo!!

Like roberteg said...Check the DoFD on the BOA, not the DoLA.

Look on your EQ CR, EQ list the DoFD the other 2 CRA dont.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.