Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections listed on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections listed on CR

I have two accounts listed under the "collections" tab on my CR.  Both of these accounts were put in my BK back in 2003.  Do I need to send in a dispute claim even though under the "accounts" tab it shows them as filed in bankruptcy?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections listed on CR

Dispute form for? To who?

Were they turned over to collections before you IIB?

Depending on when they went delinquent, you might be better off leaving them be. What is the DOFD/removal date stated for the collection accounts?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response however either I don't understand what you are saying or I may not have been clear, there are two accounts that show they were turned over to collection agencies on my credit report.  These two accounts were in my bankrputcy that was discharged in 2003.  Since they were in my BK how can they be turned over to a collection agency for collection? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

crimeguy wrote:

Thank you for your response however either I don't understand what you are saying or I may not have been clear, there are two accounts that show they were turned over to collection agencies on my credit report.  These two accounts were in my bankrputcy that was discharged in 2003.  Since they were in my BK how can they be turned over to a collection agency for collection? 

If you are saying that they were turned over to collections after they were IIB, and you think it is against the BK laws, then I'd speak with your BK attorney to decide how to deal with this. I don't know much about BK and have heard that they can't do this, but I don't know for certain and don't know if it varies with the Chap of BK you file for.

I can move this to the BK forum if you'd like?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.