Did you mean: 

Collections on court case help!

tag
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Re: Collections on court case help!

@MugenCivicSi83 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

It appears that the judgment was a criminal conviction, and the issue is your lack of payment of court and probation fees assessed under the conviction?

So here's the real issue. My wife and I are moving to Switzerland for work in 5 weeks. I do not have time or luxury to take this to court to be wiped from my record for a 12 year old case for a retail theft under $25. I just don't know what my repercussions are as I'll be international very soon. Wasn't told by Switzerland that I needed an FBI report or case records til last week. Now I have to pay $815 to get the documents translated to German. I have no warrants nor do I have any judgements. I've looked this all up yesterday in the courts I was at (total of 4) not proud of my younger year decisions. Stupid charges. Lying under oath - Stricken, Retail theft - under $25 as an accomplice to my gf who stole make-up, ID theft (stricken due to ex gf being caught with 4 counts of residential burglary while i was working and she lived with me), electronic harassment, gambling ($25 poker game - stricken).

Depending upon the state that you live in, the rules of unpaid criminal fines/fees/restitution will vary.  However, it is very much worth it to contact a criminal defense attorney in the county in which you suffered the conviction to see if you can get your conviction expunged. This will probably involve clearing up the civil judgement, but that should be fairly easy and fast to resolve.  

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.