cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections on my credit report for $32!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections on my credit report for $32!?

I recently checked my credit report and noticed my experian score dropped 40 points! Apparently I had a debt to sprint for $32. I remember I had a Sprint account I closed which I always paid ontime and NEVER had a problem with. That week I also moved out of my parents home. My dad isn't the best at telling me about mail I recieved, and I guess he just threw it out and I NEVER knew I had a debt for 2 years! 

How do I go about removing this from my credit report? $32 is a ridiculously small and I still can't believe it. I don't want to panic, but this is a severe punishment over $32 bucks. When I closed my account, my balance was 0.00, so I don't know how this happend. What should I do? 

Should I contact sprint? I don't even know the account number, because I don't have any of that information. I only see whats on my credit report.

Or should I contact the credt agency. Apparently it's West Asset Managment.

Please advise.

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collections on my credit report for $32!?

Call Sprint, ask for a PFD or GW.  Probably will work with you considering your story, just be honest and tell them exactly why you're in this position.

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Collections on my credit report for $32!?

Is Sprint reporting or the CA? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.