Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections question ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections question ?

What is my best route with the following collections, if you have any experience with these companies your input will be greatly appreciated.

Experian;

Convergent Outsourcing Opened 07/01/2016 $1200 DOFD ?

Equifax;

Convergent Outsourcing " "

Credit Protection Association Opened 07/13/2011 $248 DOFD January 2011

Transunion;

Credence Resource Management Opened 02/10/2017 $2269 DOFD?

Plaza Services Opened 11/15/2016 $606

i had 11 collections total , this is what I'm left with .

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections question ?

I have no specific experience with these folks, hopefully someone else can give you that sort of information, but here is what I would do if it was me:

I'd immediately contact Plaza and see about pay for delete.  That one is relatively small, and fairly new, so I'd try to get it knocked out and removed as soon as possible.

Next, I'd try negotations on the Convergent.  This one is new, and it is on two reports.  I'd focus on saving up funds to use to try and get them to accept a pay for delete.  Even if they flatly refuse to delete, I'd still try to work this one out and get it zeroed out, to minimize damage - again, since it's on two reports and is new.

Third would be Creedence.  Same tactic as the others.

I'd only worry about the Credit Protection one if I got the others worked out quickly - it is due to fall off your report after January anyway.  It is the lowest balance, sure, but I'd rather throw that $250 at the others.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections question ?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no specific experience with these folks, hopefully someone else can give you that sort of information, but here is what I would do if it was me:

I'd immediately contact Plaza and see about pay for delete.  That one is relatively small, and fairly new, so I'd try to get it knocked out and removed as soon as possible.

Next, I'd try negotations on the Convergent.  This one is new, and it is on two reports.  I'd focus on saving up funds to use to try and get them to accept a pay for delete.  Even if they flatly refuse to delete, I'd still try to work this one out and get it zeroed out, to minimize damage - again, since it's on two reports and is new.

Third would be Creedence.  Same tactic as the others.

I'd only worry about the Credit Protection one if I got the others worked out quickly - it is due to fall off your report after January anyway.  It is the lowest balance, sure, but I'd rather throw that $250 at the others.

Thanks .ive been trying to get in touch with plaza services for the past 45 days and have not been able to make any contact with them . Im going to just let credit protection fall off since im not planning on financing anything soon .i was going to settle with convergent but before i do ill see if there willing to PIF for PFD. Credence will have to ve the last one since the lowest theyll take is 1000 . And that would have to be in payments .thanks again 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.