Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections removed from equifax but not transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections removed from equifax but not transunion

Hello everybody!! I saw my credit karma report today and saw that a collection from CACH LLC (charged off from Capital One) was removed from my Equifax but not in Transunion. I filed a dispute on 05/22 and Equifax removed it on 06/01 per credit karma. I only used credit karma for information about my credit report, not for score. So I don't why that is??? Also every time I tried to file a dispute from experian, it keep saying error. So I didn't file any dispute with experian. How do I file dispute with experian??
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections removed from equifax but not transunion

Everytime I try this is what shows up:

We were unable to honor your request. If you entered your credit card information, we did not charge you.

I don't know what I should do.

Message 2 of 11
dudedudedude
Established Member

It's a waiting game. EQ removed items from my dispute within a week. TU removed just a few days shy of the 30 day mark. EX locked me out of disputing online too. I was able to get in by using their backdoor (link for people who've been recently denied credit) and file the dispute. However before I did that I used their fax #.

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What was the outcome of the dispute filed with each CRA?

By outcome, I refer to the formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation received from each.

It is not uncommon for a dispute to be verified with one CRA and delted from another.

What is required is that if they make a clear determination that information is in error and that it cannot be verified or corrected, and thus must be deleted, that they report that finding back to the CRA who is handling the dispute, and also report that same result to each CRA to which they have also reproted the information.

Howver, if they can verify, they can report that findng to only one CRA, and choose to voluntarily delete with the other.

That is not inaccurate if they can verify and yet decide to only do so with one CRA, and delete with others.

If, in the case of EQ, the dispute was simply terminated due do their deletion, as opposed to their statement back to EQ that the accuracy could not be verified,and thus EQ deleted, then that would be permissible.

If you wish to also disute with EX, send a written dispute.

Message 4 of 11
2b2rich
Established Contributor

I can pull all three of my reports from each of the individual websites (EQ, TU, EX)  and then pull it on CK and CK will have SEVERAL things wrong on it. 

It's not even a matter of 'catching up' to CK because it will show me things that have been removed that are still there and were not in dispute either. 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everybody for the replies. I greatly appreciate it.

Dude: I know it is a waiting game... I been patient about this. It just irritates me that EX is not working. The first time I did it, it worked. Since then, I can't get through. What is the backdoor number of EX???

Robert: I still haven't received any feedback from the CRAs yet. It hasn't been 30 days. Hopefully it is a good news though. I really want to have these baddies to be removed. I will update everybody once I received answer back from CRAs. Another question, it is possible for EQ to talk to EX that info is wrong and should be deleted??? I am just trying to see if I can avoid filing another dispute with EX.

2b2rich: so you think I should get separate reports from each CRA than using CK?? I don't want to spend extra money for it if there is another way. I pay $25 to get my scores from myfico.

Again, I am in debt with the people that help me out here. Thank you so much everybody!!!
Message 6 of 11
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2b2rich: so you think I should get separate reports from each CRA than using CK?? I don't want to spend extra money for it if there is another way. I pay $25 to get my scores from myfico.

Nope, I'm not saying that at all.  What I meant is that you shouldn't take to heart what CK is showing as being completely correct.   I subscribe to MyFico 3 bureau reporting for any notifications, and I check CK often too.. but if I really want to know if something has changed on TU, I check my report there (TU).  I ususally only do that after I know something is updated though.

TU might still be reporting your account in question, but you can't be sure unless you check TU.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh okay. I'm just being a bit impatient. Lol well thank you so much. You been very helpful.
Message 8 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, one CRA will not inform others regarding correction of info.

The FCRA places the burden on the furnisher of the information to update any reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.  FCRA 623(a)(2).

Additionally, FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) requires that if in investigation of a dispute, the furnisher finds any information to be inaccurate and thus in need of correction or deletion, they must provide those results to all other consumer reporting agencies to which they have also reported the disputed information, and not just to the CRA handkong the dispute.

That raises the issue of whether their investigation of a dispute actually found inaccuracies or whether any deletiion resulting from the dispute were voluntary, and not a result of their determiantion that it was inaccurate.  

If a furnisher actaully responds back to a CRA that the accuracy cannot be verified, that is different than their voluntary deletion without response back to the CRA.

Thus, take a close look at the finding of the CRA in their Notice of Results.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright I will do that. Hopefully it is a good news. Sigh...

On a positive note... My transunion score was raised from 585 to 645. Whoooo!!! Woo woo woo
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.