Lsl7509

Collections...

I have 4 things in collection....3 are doctor bills....How can I get rid of these? Is it true...If you pay them off..They will make your credit score lower?  They are from 2010, so they will be on here a long time...That should I do?  They are the only thing that has a red flag on it...I am new to this and want to see what I can do to get help....

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Collections...

Officially, paying any CA will not make your score any lower. Personally I had issues but that was more geared towards CAs reporting as an account vs. a CA. But there are many posts in here saying their score never changed after paying a CA.

If wanting to take steps (I would), send a DV letter. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

Shogun

Re: Collections...

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations
What Steps do I take, DV, PFD or GW
Credit Scoring 101

This will give you an idea of where to start. Good Luck!

If funds were available, I would offer a PFD for those accounts.  Medical, as a general rule, are easier to deal with.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}