Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
freeurmind
Valued Member

Collections

A collections agency sent me a letter, they want me to pay them instead of the company.I don't want this collection to show on my report, my question is. If i pay the collections agency instead of the company, would it show up on my credit report? Or should i just pay the company directly?

Starting Score: EQ 630 On 02/05/13 TU 695 on 02/20/13
Current Score: EQ 679 On 02/16/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections

It could show on your credit report if they choose to do so. If I were in your situation I would try to get them to agree in writing that they will not report to the CRA's in upon payment.  Its easier to get them to agree to never reporting than it is to removing a report.

Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would pay the OC if they still own the debt. If they do see if they will pull the account back from the CA. If they don't own the debt, then you must work something out with the CA. 

Message 3 of 6
freeurmind
Valued Member

Ok that makes sense, ill try that. Another thing, I've already called this collections agency and said the the collection in my account was closed and perhaps sent to another agency. They also said they would try to recover it and give me a call. Do you think I should wait for them, or go directly to the company and try to arrange a payment plan.

Starting Score: EQ 630 On 02/05/13 TU 695 on 02/20/13
Current Score: EQ 679 On 02/16/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Call the OC to see if they still own it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to agree with DaBears. I would definitely contact the OC especially when there is confusion about who owns the debt.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.