Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
whatamess
Valued Member

Collections

I'm doing my best to try and get more educated on how this credit machine works.. In my recent experiences, I've paid off items that were in collections to the original creditors, and those items fell off of my report within 30 days. No disputes, no HIPPA letters or anything like that. My advice to anyone that has collection issues, is to keep all of your original creditor info... bills with account numbers, date of service, original creditor name, e.t.c. <Pay those guys, and not the collection agencys... If the bill is too big to pay off in one payment, See if you can go to their web site and pull up your info there.. Pay what you can, and as much as you can until you get it knocked out. Then call them (with the account#) and ask them if you're showing a balance. If not, then ask them if they can take it off of your credit report. If not, thats when you send a HIPPA letter, or dispute it .. (with collection agencies).. Now on the other hand.. You can pay the collection agency.. but it will still show up on ur credit as a collection. My credit score with equifax jumped 40 points for knocking out two collections. I pray that I helped somebody with this info today.. As we all work hard to have the things we need and want in life!Smiley Wink

Handle ya bidness, It pays!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.