Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
riverajuan
Valued Member

Collections

Good morning to all,

I have a question regarding collections, I have 2 utilities collections in my credit report.

If I paid does 2 in full is that going to affect my credit report or do I contact them and make arrangements? They are recent, tried helping a family and this is what I got in return.

Please advise, thanks in advance

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections

riverajuan wrote:
Good morning to all,

I have a question regarding collections, I have 2 utilities collections in my credit report.

If I paid does 2 in full is that going to affect my credit report or do I contact them and make arrangements? They are recent, tried helping a family and this is what I got in return.

Please advise, thanks in advance

Try negotiating a PFD on the accounts.

FICO scoring views paid and unpaid collections the same.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree write a PF D letter and see if they will agree. Keep trying until they agree. I made the mistake of paying 6 collections without that and now am having a really hard time getting them off. Like stated above when I paid the accounts they stayed on and my score stayed the same!
Message 3 of 16
riverajuan
Valued Member

Thank you for your responses, are there any samples of letters I can use to try to settle a PFD or do I contact them directly.

Thanks again for your quick response and guidance

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

riverajuan wrote:
Thank you for your responses, are there any samples of letters I can use to try to settle a PFD or do I contact them directly.

Thanks again for your quick response and guidance

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?message.uid=4519#U4519
Message 5 of 16
riverajuan
Valued Member

One of them is valid the other one is not. How can I handle this two? Also, is this suppose to be going to in my case the electric company?

Please help, I hope you understand my ignorance.

Thanks again

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is reporting...and who owns the account....the OC....or a CA.???..contact the OC...get documentation....of the incorrect account...try to pay them directly..in exchange for them pulling the account out of collections...make sure they just don't forward the payment to the CA...
Message 7 of 16
riverajuan
Valued Member

Good Morning,

The CA is holding the account. Should I make sure the letter goes to the OC or the CA? It has to be certified correct?

Thanks for your guidance

Message 8 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

This could be a dumb question, but did you try disputing the invalid collection as Not Mine?
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 16
riverajuan
Valued Member

Hi,

Not yet, is my first time dealing with my credit info and I am trying to make sure I don't put my foot in my mouth in the process.

I am a newbie, I hope you understand.

All advise and guidance is welcome there is a lot of great information on this site to improve my credit and I have every intention to get as much help as possible.

Thanks again
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.