Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

Collections

Hi everyone,

I have been going back and fourth with IC System - a collection agency requesting proof that I owe this debt. 

After my 2nd contact - I got a letter stating this

-----------

Dear XXX,

We will honor your request hat IC System cease communication with you regarding the debit specified to the right. We are terminating further collection efforts and will not communicate with you again unless you contact us and request to do so. 

Your dispute has been noted and information verifying the debit is attached to this letter. 

------

Most collection agencies I have delt with usually state that they cancelled the account - but this was different. 

They are termination further collection efforts is very board 

Assistance? Should I send a letter to an explaination? 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collections

If you send a timely request for debt validation to a debt collector, it does not impose any requirment that they respond within any set period, or even respond at all.

A timely DV imposes a cease collection bar on the debt collector, which remains in effect until such time as they decide to send validation.  See FDCPA 809(b).

They can choose to cease further collection activities withut sending validation.  That is what they are stating.

They can, at any time, choose to send validation and then resume collection on the debt.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is the debt? They may be getting ready to sue.
Message 3 of 7
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

It is an account for $200 - two years old - from Banfield.
The account is not mine - belongs to someone with the smiliar name
Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case maybe it will just go away, but yeah, I'd ask for clarification.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficoguy2013 wrote:
It is an account for $200 - two years old - from Banfield.
The account is not mine - belongs to someone with the smiliar name

I would  take that letter and dispute and ask for removal because they couldn't verify and it is not my account....why have something on ur report that isnt yours but only the company will cease collection, but nothing was mentioned about removal of the questionable account...

Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If it is truly not yours it should not be there, I agree.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.