Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collector agency question.

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Re: Collector agency question.

@ Simi. She told me that she would send it in writing. But only after I send the money. I can't gamble like that. She may just get what they need and deny that we had this conversation. ESPECIALLY if asking for an additional fee is against the law. 

Message 11 of 15
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Ask them to send you confirmation of PFD via email while you're on the phone with them. That's what I did. I didn't have to use the letter because they honored our arrangement & removed collection from my reports within 21 days.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 15
legacys7
Regular Contributor

@Shanac. I'd requested an email for the deletion on my report, but they won't do it before a payment. The second person that Id spoken to, too sure was anxious to get an on the phone payment. I'd kept telling her that I'll send it via email. So I'd asked if that is the only bill. She said yes. I smell something fishy. 

Message 13 of 15
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Don't know what state you are in but check into the laws of recording calls. Worst case scenario all you have to do is tell them that the call is being recorded. Then download an app if you have a smart phone or just use it on speaker and record the conversation. That should work. Unless they won't consent to the recording if you have to tell them about it.
My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 14 of 15
shanac
Frequent Contributor

To be honest, I don't think I got the email BEFORE I gave my payment info. The boss was drafting the email while I was on the phone with the rep submitting my credit card info. The rep then told me when her boss pressed send & true to their word it was in my inbox. Worst case scenario is maybe you can cancel payment (based on misrepresentation?) if after you give payment info they refuse to send an email??

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.