Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collector inquiries: Transunion and the others

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collector inquiries: Transunion and the others

Today I sued Trans Union LLC in Small Claims Court for showing 3 hard inquiries by collectors, NCO, Plaza and Zwicker.

However, I'm starting to suspect that Transunion treats collector inquiries differently from the other bureaus, Experian and Equifax.

The same collectors i sued for hard inquiries on Transunion, placed soft inquiries with the others, all of them, and they are swearing that they never wanted to do hard inquiries in the first place (yeah, easy to say now that you are in front of a judge).

However, I think they are onto something because of some other little things i noticed.

On my paper Transunion report, the collector inquiries are sitting in a separate box from Credit\Insurance inquiries and from Account review inquiries. They are visible and in a special Collector section.

MyFico, Chase ID Protection and TrueCredit, they all mention that my credit score is low because of the "collection inquiries". Never seen anything like that on the Experian or Equifax reports.

Next week I'll subpoena Transunion to provide any documentation regarding permissibility of these inquiries and to support the investigations they should have done upon request (I asked them 3 times to give me proof of permissibility). My tactic here is to force them to state they do not assess permissibility - the collector can simply check a box on e-Oscar where it says it has purpose, but Transunion doesn't verify - not even after a complaint.

The case will be heard at the end of December.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Collector inquiries: Transunion and the others

How do I start my own claims?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.