Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collectron - a reasonable CA?

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Collectron - a reasonable CA?

OK, so my daughter messed up.  She left an apartment, breaking the lease and the landlord said that was fine but she didn't get it in writing.  6 months later the landlord sold the "debt" to a collection agency.

They wrote to her but to the wrong address.  They kept trying via phone and eventually found her and I took over.

They gave me all the info to know this was legit, and also said that they were trying to be paid before it was due to go on her CR.  I got it in writing that if paid by a certain date it "would not be reported to TU, EQ and EX".

I paid and it was not reported.

They were professional, friendly and courteous throughout.  They took the time to try and resolve it before reporting it to the CRAs

From their point of view it was a perfectly legitimate debt, and I think they handled the whole thing very well.

Much as I hate to say nice things about a CA.......
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collectron - a reasonable CA?

I grudgingly add CMC - Credit Management Co in Pittsburgh PA to that list.

The ladies all sound like someone's grandma & are so kind, although they are entirely up to date on the FCRA... one told me that my $18 med debt was illegally reported by them because DH was overseas on active duty at the time and the S&SRA prevents any debt of any kind from being reported while you're deployed.

Of course, that's not true, and the debt actually shouldn't have been listed because I paid it before it was a collection... but all the ladies there were so sweet & got it off my report in record time.
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collectron - a reasonable CA?

MV = a CA lover!!!!!!!!!! ICKY Pooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.