Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

College Grad w/ Disgusting Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

College Grad w/ Disgusting Credit

Hello everyone! Just graduated college and my first step as an adult is trying to get my finances in check but I need extreme help and guidance.I have 4 charged off accounts on my record.  2 of them were small amounts $100-300 paid in full, 1 is a settled account paid in full, and the last one  is a settled account that I will finish paying by december of this year. At the time I made these settlements I was a kid in a panic worried about getting sued and didn't do any research whatsoever.  

Now my question is where do I go from here? Is there any way that I can get these taking off or lessen the damage? What kind of letters do I send? And in the event that I have to live with these stains on my credit score for the next couple of years is there anyway that I can work around it and build my credit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Re: College Grad w/ Disgusting Credit

Read the stickies at the top of this forum.  Lots of good info there.

What you are looking for at this point are "good will" (GW) letters.  You are basically asking them very nicely if they will please remove the baddie from your report.  Remember, be nice because they do not have to do it.  They are doing you a favor...

If you list the creditors here someone can give you more specific help (ideas on how to proceed with each creditor).

Message 2 of 3
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: College Grad w/ Disgusting Credit

Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

(credit: @llecs)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.