cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

College student starting to rebuild credit...help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

College student starting to rebuild credit...help!

Hello everybody,

I am new here and just getting started into rebuilding my credit. I used to be really stupid with my money and late on payments however so far this year I have paid my truck payment on time for 9 months! For me that is a big accomplishment, one of many I want to retrieve. I am upside down on my truck so I cannot sell it and pay it off so instead I am just paying my monthly payments until it dies (2010 truck )

My question for you all is what steps should I take to increase my credit score?

My scores are around 560, 590, 570, not to be exact. I just paid off one bill that was $100 and my score dropped 27 points which was very disappointing for me. I have about 17 accounts, most are student loads ( being deferred ) smaller collection bills around $200-$300 each and then I owe a bank $3500.

I have no credit cards but one charge off credit card of $400 on my report.

What would you reccommend? Thank you for all your help. I am very naive but learning.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.