Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columbia Gas and Collection Agencies

tag
psydian
Established Member

Columbia Gas and Collection Agencies

I have a Columbia Gas (OC) account that I still owe on.  Over the past few years, the OC has used several CAs to attempt to collect.  They just switched CAs, so none are reporting on my CRs.  The OC still owns it, and shows the balance on their site.  The OC is not reporting on CRs.

If I pay the OC or CA in full right now, will it keep anything negative from showing on my CR? 

I have tried to have the OC pull the account back from the CA in the past, but had no luck.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Columbia Gas and Collection Agencies

If the OC has never reported they probably won't now.

How do you know they switched CAs, did you get a dunning letter?

Message 2 of 4
psydian
Established Member

The old CA stopped reporting and a new CA left a voicemail. I haven't gotten a letter from them yet, but I'm sure I will soon. I don't owe any other collections.

If I pay the OC I want to make sure the CA doesn't start reporting, even as paid.
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Send the CA that left a voicemail a DV immediately.  This will put in place a cease collections bar and they will not be able to report until they validate.

Then you pay the OC.  At that point the debt is paid and the CA has no collection authority.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.