Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined quicksilver cards FINALLY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combined quicksilver cards FINALLY

I had a quicksilver one card and a quicksilver card both $1300, I'm not sure if anyone else have had two of the same cards but it is very difficult meaning you always have the urge to use it because it's like hey I have two of them they will balance each other out well I just couldn't handle two cards so I finally combined them and I am very happy but that means one of them is now closed will that interfere with my scores or I should be okay?

Also it is now my highest limit on one card $2600 so hopefully in a few months it will pave the way for higher limit cards

Thanks in advance for all of your advice
12 REPLIES 12
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Combined quicksilver cards FINALLY

It won't affect your scores because you still have the same credit limits, just on 1 less card. And the card you closed will stay on your reports for about another 10 years or so.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
It won't affect your scores because you still have the same credit limits, just on 1 less card. And the card you closed will stay on your reports for about another 10 years or so.

Thank you; im super excited about the no AF And the lower APR rate

Message 3 of 13
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Were these the only 2 open credit cards you had?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

With capital one? No, I also have a secured card that I am not ready to close yet but if you are asking if they are my only two cards on my CR than no they are not

Message 5 of 13
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If you still have 3 open cards then it shouldn't affect your scores.

@karladicent wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

With capital one? No, I also have a secured card that I am not ready to close yet but if you are asking if they are my only two cards on my CR than no they are not

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @medicgrrl

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more thing, is it true when you combine the cards you have to wait another six months for a CLI, I was supposed to get one in june for both cards but because they are combined I have to wait six months?

Message 8 of 13
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

That's what I've heard...but it doesn't hurt to try in June.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 13
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

You can try, but by combining the cards it counted as a CLI so you'll most likely get denied .
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.