Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Cap1 Credit Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining Cap1 Credit Cards?

Is there any benefit of combining my 2 Cap1 credit cards? I have the Platinum secured card and the QS1 card. I was hoping to combine both and continue carrying the QS1 card. Is this possible? I want to get rid of my secured card that I've had for about a year, I've had one CLI after the 6 month mark from $200 to $500.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining Cap1 Credit Cards?

You can't combine the secured card with any other card. 

If it's been sixth months since your last application with Cap 1, you could close the secured card and reapp for a Platinum unsecured. 

But if you've applied for anything within the last six months, you'll be an automatic denial. Cap 1 changed that policy about four months ago or so

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining Cap1 Credit Cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any benefit of combining my 2 Cap1 credit cards? I have the Platinum secured card and the QS1 card. I was hoping to combine both and continue carrying the QS1 card. Is this possible? I want to get rid of my secured card that I've had for about a year, I've had one CLI after the 6 month mark from $200 to $500.

You need to close the secured card and app for the regular platinum card. Get it upgraded to QS, then when it is six months old and eligible for combination, close the QS1 account and roll it into the newer upgraded platinum. That will eliminate the annual fee on the QS1 card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.