Brandytab

Comcast + CPA - best route?

[ Edited ]

Help!

We are hoping to buy a house in the spring and I got a collections letter from CPA.  They stated that they hadn't reported to CR and that I should pay soon so that they do not.  I did a quick gut reaction and just paid it, out of fear, to prevent that from happening.  I have credit monitoring and nothing had reported.  Of course, a week after I pay, they report it.  Paid collection, zero balance.  I could cry.  My credit score has dropped 25 points.  This IS a valid debt, it slipped my mind, I forgot about the stupid cable box, and here I am.  

Too late to DV, too late to PFD.  GW is all I have, correct?  Where will I have better luck?  CPA?  Comcast?  Any specific route with Comcast?  BBB?  

I'm frustrated at the fact that I did the right thing by paying it and they STILL reported it after the fact.  I should have known better.  I'd have 200 more dollars in my bank account and the same credit score had I just let it be.  And maybe a shot at a PFD.

Any advice would be immensely appreciated.  I have no idea how this will change our ability to buy a home with a collection under 12 months old.

Shogun

Re: Comcast + CPA - best route?

Send a GW to whoever posted to your CR.  Get that thing going we' e got a house to buy!!!  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Brandytab

I called Comcast, they told me to go to the local office.  From my readings on the nets, it seems like that won't be of use.  I guess it's worth a shot.

Does anyone have any contacts/email addresses at CPA?  If I send a GW to the main address, it probably won't even be opened. :smileysad:   

Regular Contributor
Joteism

How did this go for you? Were you able to get it deleted? I sent a GW email to we_can_help@comcast.com last week and got a call from their Executive Office this past Saturday. They said they wouldn't be able to delete because it wasn't their error, but would have CPA send me a letter stating that the debt has been PIF. That obviously won't do me any good, so I need a new approach... I've had no luck getting CPA to delete either. Before I paid them, the rep that I spoke assured me that her supervisor could delete it for me, but when she transferred me to her supervisor after the payment, I sat on hold for 2 hours and hung up. Maybe I could use that as some sort of leverage directly with CPA or BBB. Argh... Let me know if you had any luck!

Brandytab

Hi! 

I had great success with BBB.  I was contacted by a rep, I explained the situation, and asked for their graciousness and a deletion.  They did - within days.  It can be done!  Stick with it.  :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
Joteism

So there is hope! :smileyhappy: I'll put something together right now! Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}