cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast / Credit Protection Association deletion SUCCESS!

tag
lmfields
New Contributor

Comcast / Credit Protection Association deletion SUCCESS!

I have been lurking and learning a lot in the past month or so- working on my husband and my own credit.  I drafted up my first set of goodwill letters and mailing tomorrow. One thing stood out- a Comcast collection with CPA for $688.  Comcast claimed we had never turned in our equipment even though we knew we had.  The "receipt" looked more like something you'd get at McDonalds, small and hard to read, I remember it.  My husband somehow lost it when we moved, and we ended up choosing another provider.  Then the collections letters started... we fought them forever to clear that balance, and they finally agreed after several calls to the corporate office in Philadelphia.  Well, I pulled our reports earlier this month and there it was- a zero balance, PAID collection.  Um, NO!  I decided to skip calling everyone and their mother to fix it and went straight to the BBB.  I got a call a few days later from someone in their executive customer relations team, and after a few more days of "investigating" he called to say he had submitted a request for deletion!  Thank God... This is my first victory so far, on (unfortunately) my second time down the road of self credit repair.  in 2010-2011 I went from 14 negative accounts down to 3, and never sent a single letter- all over the phone & fax.  Since most of our issues are already paid, I'm hoping goodwill letters are the way to go this time around.  Thank you everyone for this amazing resource!

~Lisa

Starting Score: Me:530 Him:519
Current Score: (CK) Me:535 Him:534
Goal Score: 650+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.