Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast Executive

tag
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Comcast Executive

Can I dispute or should I debt validate to remove collection account when original creditor resolved the issues.  I complained to Comcast regarding a bill they forward to collections alone with email and dated phone calls with their reps. Also, my initial attempt to contact the executive team.  I forward the emails as well.  The same day I sent the to the executive I received a call from them.  The young lady promised to review and return my call within 24 hrs all alone maintaining email update. Long story we were able to resolve the issue and the payment was half of what was stated initially. How do we remove the debt from the credit report? Comcast isn't reporting Convergent Outsourcing is but they never contact us and we have been trying to resolve for 6 months. The executive team at Comcast resolved account paid so what should be our next move. There's no debt for them to collect upon. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Comcast Executive

As I understand the post, you obtained agreement from the creditor to a settlement of the debt for less than the initially asserted amount?

If that is the scenario and you paid, then you still had a delinquent debt and are now seeking deletion of the reported collection based on having paid the OC?

Message 2 of 6
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

My apologies for babbling. I had a debt with Comcast which I acknowledge but dispute the amount. I had been contacting Comcast for months even up to the corporate office for assistance to no avail. I found out through a recent pull that the account was in collections. Again, I set out to correct and fix the problem still disputing the amount. After reading a post here I notified the executive office again this time I received a response immediately. But, this time I complained provide documentation. My complaint was against the company and the collection company for sending what they say notification to an address I haven't used nor had Comcast services. Bottom line the corporate office researched and review my documentation and called back within the week with the correct amount and said she can take payment because she's authorized. I did explain the account was with Convergent. My question since Comcast the original creditor accept payment while convergent is reviewing the account and why they sent to wrong address may I dispute because they couldn't really validate the account at the time is why they are reviewing. I'm seeking to dispute convergent.
Message 3 of 6
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

I apologies for babbling
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as Convergent had collection authority at the time of payment the only thing they are responsible for is to update the account as paid not to delete the account.
Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

To me, at this point Comcast would have to recall the debt from the CA in order to have it removed. The CA probably needs some sort of proof in order to do this.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.