Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast PFD Success !!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Comcast PFD Success !!

Got a call today from a CA stating that I owe comcast some money; that's true. I cancelled my service with them in 2010 and owed them some $$. Totally forgot about it; I wonder why they didnt just call me and bug the poop out of me like they would do anyway.

So fast forward today the debt collector says 'if you can pay this amount, we'll update your CR to show paid in full. Newsflash, this collection is on NONE of my CR's. So I call comcast and end up with customer service so I have to call their collections dept tomorrow.

My take on that is I could leverage this with them and ask for a letter stating that they will delete it form my CR's if I pay in full. Get something in writing? But this is confusing snce there is nothing to delete.

Any advice on how I should approach this ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Advice on Comcast Collection

I would ask for them to remove and/or not report.  They don't need to know it isn't on your CR.

Message 2 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

So I shouldn't mention to them that it's not on my CR's?

If I tell them not to report; wouldn't they already know then that's it's not on my report?

I wasthinking of asking them to send me a letter stating that I paid in full and will not be reported to any of the 3 CR's

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

So I called the COmcast collection line. What a bunch of poopheads. I love teh reps who give me the hollier than thou, know it all in credit talks.

Also love how they say ,I don't see this in the notes. When I closed my account, I gave the agent my new address and he never even wrote it in the note.

Now how many times one of you on here have called comcast and th agent never wrote the notes or correct notes? Then you end up repeating yourself 5 times to 5 different people?

I said to the rep, I was a customer in good standing with comcast for 5 years, can't you give me the benefit of the doubt that what I'm telling you is right or even feel bad that your agent screwed up? euuhhhhh silence. Well we cannot remove it from your credit report. Comcast doesnt do that.

I took the approach that I didnt ant this on my CR's then the rep said well we can notify the collection agency thats its paid in full and they will note this on your credit report. Does that mean, the CA will report it? Right now it's not on any of my CR's so I fear that if I pay, they will then report it.

What do i do ??

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking Comcast is a weird, and random monster.

I moved out of the area in 2009 and didn't know I had a final bill (nothing was said when I returned the equip).

Mine IS reporting through a CA ("Credit Protection" in TX), but I called 1-800-comcast yesterday and the rep referred me to my old local Comcast office, where the rep looked up my account, took direct payment and promised to tell CPA to remove (and is sending me a copy of it all).

I always use a good speakerphone on these calls because otherwise my hands would get tired from hold the phone to my ear for hours on end.

If you can call the old local office as opposed to the corporate lines, maybe there's some possibility there?

Message 6 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

My fear at this point since this collection is not on any of my CR's is if I pay and the CA reports it then. I could pay this amount today (about $150)

But what aggravates me is the when I was closing the account, I gave the agent my card number for the amount left over. AS to why they didn't process it id beyond me and ehre we are today.

The other screwed up part is that the CA had my new address the whole time since September 2010. I have never received a letter from them and the first call I got from them was last week. So i'm again confused and aggravated.

So you think that going to my local office and pleading my case would do it? I think i'm in the right that I gave the agent my new address as well as my card number for the balance. Isn't the customer always right? Smiley Happy

PS: Isn't it funny that when youre a customer they treat you so good, then the minute you dont use them anymore, they don't even give you the benefit of the doubt? Shouldn't comcast know at this point that their agents stink and don't always take notes? The collection agent keep telling today ' I dont see it in the notes' then same sentence tell me 'I wasn't there in the discussion so I don't know'. DUH that's why im telling you what was discussed ! pffff

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly dont know what to do, I'm only a month into all this myself.

Just saying what I did - I called 800-4-COMCAST and as a former South Central PA customer got forwarded to the 717 area code Call Center.

I confirmed today that I'm getting a receipt in the mail and a removal request was sent to CPA.

I'm in bed bit I have the So. Central PA Call Center, though when I asked they said each area has one. But two reps there were very helpful.

Message 8 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

PFD Success !!

A supervisor called me today in reponse to my PFD and stated  thatif i makke the payment in full, that she will remove the collection from all my CR's  and notify the collection agency about that also.. YAY!!!

But the thing here is that on my end there is noithing to remove. So I will keep her email that stated that and in the future if it re-appears, I can always use this as proof.

I'll pay that thing today and she also said a letter will be sent to me notfying me that the collection will be removed from all my credt files ! Man i'm so relieved

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.