Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast in-house Collections and DCI reporting same account

tag
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

Comcast in-house Collections and DCI reporting same account

I upgraded/switched my services with Comcast earlier this year. Besides a few new sh%&tty channels I never watch and a higher price tag nothing has changed. I was even assured by the rep who relentlessy upsold me that my existing relationship with Comcast will stay exactly the same.

So today I was shocked to see a CA collecting on Comcast's behalf on my CR. Diversified Consultants has been reporting the last bill from the initial account since June, but Comcast has not. I immediately called Comcast and once being transferred to in house collections, I promptly paid what was owed.

Since my account was/is technically with the OC and is now current, am I able to fully remove the TL from the CA off my credit reports? If so, what steps should I follow? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Comcast in-house Collections and DCI reporting same account

Message 2 of 3
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

Re: Comcast in-house Collections and DCI reporting same account

Hey...we have Google down here in Texas too! Smiley HappyIn fact, it even produces the same thread results you posted! However, besides sharing a few common keywords, not a single current thread fully resolves my issue. I'll keep it short & sweet this time to avoid miscategorization:

Diversified consultants is reporting on a Comcast closed account; yet Comcast in house collections was able to accept payment. Now that Comcast is current, what are some suggestions/experiences with removing the negative CR TL?

I know some of these topics can be redundant...but what's the point of posting anything new at all if everything has already been discussed?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.