cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast sent my acct to collections...What is the next step???

tag
goal_seeker
New Contributor

Comcast sent my acct to collections...What is the next step???

Hello All, Smiley Happy

I just found out that Comcast sent my account to collection for an unpaid amount due to them.

What is the 1st thing I should do in order to have this issue resolved?

The debt is mine & I am willing to pay what I owe Comcast but I am not sure how to proceed with this issue.

Please advise...

Kindly,

goal_seeker

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comcast sent my acct to collections...What is the next step???

HI there.

If Comcast has only assigned the collection and not sold it outright they might be willing to work with you. I would contact them and ask if they still own the debt and if they would be willing to accept payment from you in exchange for deleting this collection from your report.

This would be better than a collection being placed in your reports by a CA. Has a CA contacted you yet?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
goal_seeker
New Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately, Comcast has sold my account to a CA-Portfolio Recovery.

They were the one who sent me a letter notifying me of my account being in collection and reported to the credit bureau ='/.

So I pulled my credit report and sure enough its on there as a collection.

So, my question is should I pay the CA? Im not sure what should I do??? Please advisee

Many Thanks...Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Since the account has been sold then you have to work with the CA on this.

You say you are are willing to pay this and I assume you have the funds right now to pay it off? If so I would DV the CA and if they validate to your satisfaction I would offer them a PFD (Pay For Delete). Remember thought that unless you live in Texas a CA has no time limit to respond but they have to stop collection efforts until they do answer.

You can do a search here online for examples of what others have used for PFD letters. If the CA does agree to a PFD get everything in writing before you send them any money.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 5
goal_seeker
New Contributor

Yes, Indeed I have the funds to pay the debt. I will DV the CA 1st and then I will send them a letter PFD.

Hopefully, all goes well and this account this removed from my credit report. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your time and help with this matter. I appreciate it a lot. Smiley Wink

Kindly,

goal_seeker

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.