cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come on in. Need your help and opinions.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Come on in. Need your help and opinions.

@FroggieMom wrote:

I may be mistaken here but....aren't charge off accounts supposed to be zeroed out as far as balance goes once the account IS listed on a CR as a charge off?  They can definitely still show what the "high balance" once was on the account but the actual balance owed should be listed as $0.  Also, beware that making ANY payment less than the full balance on an old account will reset the SOL and set you up for potential judgement action from a collection agency if the account has been since transferred to one.

And +1 on the comment of Cap1 not PFD...they won't even GW me 1 missed pymt from 2009 even though I called them when I knew I wouldn't be able to make the payment and set up an arrangement (DH lost his job unexpectedly).  That being said, they are also a very forgiving lender, which is why the reopened the doors for you and gave you a 2nd chance.

Not if Cap1 Still owns it.. Depending on the Amount....  Cap1 hasn't been selling their CO accounts recently.  They certainly didn't my fairly decent one I owed them, thus settled it when I was able to a year or so back before I got slapped with a judgement and to make the bleeding end.  Glad I did as my credit is alot better due to it although will be falling off my credit late 2017

Message 11 of 34
Cuzer
Established Member

I too thought it would be Zero'd out but its still showing high utilization from that CO account. The latest report on that account has been this month (October) and my Credit Report is showing that I owe that Balance.

Message 12 of 34
Cuzer
Established Member

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks.

Message 13 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Cuzer wrote:

I too thought it would be Zero'd out but its still showing high utilization from that CO account. The latest report on that account has been this month (October) and my Credit Report is showing that I owe that Balance.

probably hasnt been sold to a CA and Cap1 still owns the debt.  A simple call to Cap1 Collections will answer this question for you on whether they own it if not they will tell you who does

Message 14 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Believe this is the Phone #

Cap1: 800-258-9319 (Debt Recovery)

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet it's sold.
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

The high util will continue to report until the debt is paid/settled.
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had two CO accounts with Cap1 from 2012 and 2013. They were sold to 2 different CA's. PRA was one and the other was Praxis.
Message 18 of 34
Cuzer
Established Member

Thank You, I'll give that number a call in a few minutes and see what they say.

Message 19 of 34
Cuzer
Established Member

So i called the number for Capital One Debt Recovery. They told me that since they sent me a 1099 form, That i would have to mail my Payment to their Dept and it would be a voluntary payment.  P.O Box 71083 Charlotte N.C 28272.

Thoughts and advice? How should I proceed?  Your help would be greatly appreciated as i want to pay the whole damn thing already.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.