Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come sit with me at the Crappy Credit Pub

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Come sit with me at the Crappy Credit Pub

Ahh!!!! Don't give up!!!!! Like another poster stated, two years from now you is going to smack current you!

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I took a couple of days, and refuse too look at my scores now for 30 days. The student loan thing just royally ticked me off. I came out of a 6 month rehab and the new loan company almost quadrupled my payment. Which meant I can't afford to pay it. I sent them all the stuff from when I rehabbed and they have made every excuse in the book. But ill get that sucker paid off  one way or another.  It just hit me after a particularly rough week, and was the icing on my carp cake. Going to get my credit cards paid down this month, tackle some other baddies and look again in 30 days. In the mean time, cheers!

Message 12 of 28
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I took a couple of days, and refuse too look at my scores now for 30 days. The student loan thing just royally ticked me off. I came out of a 6 month rehab and the new loan company almost quadrupled my payment. Which meant I can't afford to pay it. I sent them all the stuff from when I rehabbed and they have made every excuse in the book. But ill get that sucker paid off  one way or another.  It just hit me after a particularly rough week, and was the icing on my carp cake. Going to get my credit cards paid down this month, tackle some other baddies and look again in 30 days. In the mean time, cheers!

Although I am enjoying my drink, I am glad that you decided not to give up!  Keep calling and you will finally get the right person on the phone and they will work with you. You can do this and when the baddies finally fall off, you will be SO happy you did!  

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure who your new loan company is but take my advice and continue to attempt to come to an agreement - I went through this with Windham Prof for my student loans (they wanted me to pay $800+ a month) and before we could come to an agreement my wage was garnished for the 15% allowed. D/t overtime, my pay ranges from $3500-5500/biweekly and I get hit for about $600 each pay period. 😩 Don't make that mistake bc it will take at least 5 months of rehab to stop the garnishment (unless you appeal and win) by paying an ADDITIONAL amount in top of the garnishment. Besides the hit to your credit for the garnishment (if it's reported), it's a major hit to your wallet. Good luck!!
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good, glad you're back on the job!

Let's get out of this Crappy Credit Pub really soon, Ok?  I dont like it here at all.

There's a guy at a table picking his teeth with a switch blade.  He tried to wink at somebody, not sure if it was you or not, but his eye doesnt open as much as the other one anymore. He's obviously been here a really long time, and he keeps trying to say 'Bonjorno' when a lady walks by like he's Italian, but his speech is slurred.  To me it sounds like he's saying 'baloney', no wonder the women speed up as they pass by.

The young couple at the table next to him seem to be watching the door looking for someone to come in, and they cant seem to sit still, and the woman seems to be scratching herself a lot.

I paid for the second and third round of drinks with my Sportmans Guide Visa (from the SCT with a SP) and the bartender seems to be copying down the numbers and taking a picture of both sides of it on his cell phone.  He added a 25% surcharge, and a 15% tip .   I dont think thats normal or legal, but he insists its their policy and he pointed to the small print on a sign thats hanging behind the bar but down really low.  It says if you order a round of drinks and fail to pay for it before ordering another round, you get a 25% surcharge, and a 15% tip on the new total becomes mandatory.  He said there's a sign in the lobby that clearly says 'read all the signs'.

I'm going to call Comenity Bank as soon as I get back to my car, hope its still there, and the payments are current so I know it cant be a repo.

I thought there were a couple peanut shells on the floor under the table.  I felt something brush lightly against my pants leg.  I looked down and one of the darker shells moved and I instinctively stepped down and it squished.  That wasnt a peanut shell.

Really, hurry up and get your scores up so we dont have to meet here anymore.  If you can get just 10 more points, we can go to the Mediocre Lounge.  But if you can get Forty points, we can get in at that remodeled place.  Its called 'The OK Credit Bar and Grille' and there's no surcharge at all.  You just pay normal prices and we could save a lot.  I hear its really nice and all the lights in the restrooms work and they're the led type.  They have a wireless CC reader that they bring to the table and it has that chip reader.  Pop your CC in, add a tip at your discretion, scribble your name, and be on your way.  It shows a green light to the server after payment so they never even touch your CC.

I'm heading home now, I have a sudden urge to take a shower.  Please please get those scores up before our next quarterly meeting.

Your credit cronies

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah now that you mention it, it does look a little...sketchy...in here. I better get out of here and get back to work. I hope the peanut shells didnt run off with my purse. I'm sure I left it around here somewhere.... Note to self. Call comenity and capital one as soon as you no longer fear for life, limb, or virtue...
Message 16 of 28
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

asbinjax.....that was hilarious!!  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 28
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

asbinjax.....that was hilarious!!  Smiley Happy

Yes, it was. I can also imagine that being exactly the place where the crappy credit club would meet. Thanks for the entertainment.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol! Awesome!

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah now that you mention it, it does look a little...sketchy...in here. I better get out of here and get back to work. I hope the peanut shells didnt run off with my purse. I'm sure I left it around here somewhere.... Note to self. Call comenity and capital one as soon as you no longer fear for life, limb, or virtue...

I'll meet up with your at the "almost marginal credit pub" as soon as I get off work. The peanut shells there aren't *squishy*.... And the bartender has both eyes.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.