Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity/Blair Account - Next Steps

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Comenity/Blair Account - Next Steps

Hello,

Thanks for all your support. Some good news to share on my mini-progress (see the separate thread on this).

Now to the current topic. I have Blair (clothing store) charge/credit card that was active between 2008 and 2010. It had a number of baddies: a number of 30-day lates; three 90-day lates; three 60-day lates; and one 120-day lates. I finished paying the balance in 2010 and thought I had closed the account, but apparently, it is still open, reporting as current, with a zero balance as well as the baddies.

I had disputed the account in June, and it came back verified. About 3 wks ago, I sent a GW email to some of the executives of Comenity/Blair to remove the baddies, but received no response. My thought is that if they can remove the baddies, I can then have a clean/current account. But it looks like that is going to be a tall order given the extent of the baddies, so I will prefer a deletion.

I want to wait it out for about two more weeks. If I don't hear anything from them, should 1:

1. Send a 623 to Blair?
2. Send out another dispute to the CRAs
3. Contact Blair to close the account and then send out a GW to delete it. But I close the account, will it tank my already low scores (around 500) ?

Thanks for all your assistance -- - Oy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity/Blair Account - Next Steps

Don't close the account.  Keep sending GWs.  The damage is already done.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Shogun:

My previous GWs asked for deletion in the account.  In subsequent GWs, should I stick to the same request, or change it and ask for removal of derogs?

cheers, Oy

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just ask for deletion of the derogatories.  If you manage to get that done, you will have a positive open TL on your report.  That will help your scores.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

thanks again  .... just sent the GWs out again !

rgds, Oyiwaa

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.