Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity GW help...

tag
jaeroc
Established Member

Comenity GW help...

I reached out to Comenity for an old Victoria's secret card circa 2007 via snail mail.  Asked for goodwill removal.  They responded with...

"Thank you for contacting Comenity Bank.  As the bank that issues your VICTORIA'S SECRET credit card account, we're here to help with your questions.

Your VICTORIA'S SECRET credit card card account was sold on 02/18/2009 to Asset Acceptance, a collection agency.  As a result of this sale, Comenity Bank no longer has information on this credit card account.

Asset Acceptance is now responsible for collecting this outstanding balance.  You can contact them at........ They can provide you with any information you may need regarding your account."

Ok, so I have settled with Asset Acceptance and through the help of Lexington Law that account has been removed over a year ago.  What I need is to have Comenity themselves remove the original account they are reporting.  I currently have a new account open with Comenity.  And they are offering me preapprovals left and right.  How do I respond?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity GW help...

I am in the same boat and received the same letter almost verbatim...only difference is this is for the Limited. I sent my letter again but CMRRR. I'm waiting on a response. Please share any feedback. 

How did LL help to get the CA to delete? My acct is also paid but the CA won't delete.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 2 of 4
jaeroc
Established Member

@fixmycred14 wrote:

I am in the same boat and received the same letter almost verbatim...only difference is this is for the Limited. I sent my letter again but CMRRR. I'm waiting on a response. Please share any feedback. 

How did LL help to get the CA to delete? My acct is also paid but the CA won't delete.

Will do.

I signed up with LL March 2012 and they went to town.  What exactly they did I can't say.  I think they just sent out GW letters and after 2-3 months I started recieving emails of removals.  In October I just couldn't afford it anymore so I cancelled but they were able to remove about 15 derogs from all three bureaus combined.  I've sent my own GW letters out since and have successfully had about 5 more removed in the last 3 months.  My score has jumped about 60 points.  Asset Acceptance though, their tough.  I had to report them to the BBB for inaccurate reporting.  

Message 3 of 4
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Wow! Thanks the information. I was wondering how that works. I haven't done too bad on my own so far. There's a few that won't get lost...

Anyhow, Comenity sending that letter is asinine. It's like they totally disregarded the GW. Send it again.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.