Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Victoria's Secret

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Victoria's Secret

Haven't even received the card in the mail yet and it showed up on my EX credit report this morning it's been 7 days since approval.

Just info for future reference if anyone is looking to getting into a Comenity card. (Didn't cause any changes in FICO score yet though).

I got the Kohl'a Charge and Target Card both about 3 weeks ago still no sign of them on my reports so they're a little slower.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Victoria's Secret

I experienced the same situation. I was approved for the comenity Express card, went shopping in store using my ID the same day and was notified that it was on my EQ and EX reports three days later. I spoke with customer service to find out my statement closing dates and it looks as though I managed to make charges right before it closed, so thats why it reported. I opened two other Comenity accounts as well, but not until after the billing cycle and those have not shown up on my reports yet. Not until the bills generate. I hope that makes sense. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's weird though I haven't made a purchase yet on it. I kinda wish I did because I think a balance of even 1% would help my score.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea you're right, I've read on here that Comenity doesnt report if you don't have a balance. I'm telling you this stuff can get confusing, but I'm trying to hang in there. 

Message 4 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The Comenity cards we have (Overstock, Express, and VS) report if there has been activity, not just a balance. They will also report if you 'push' a payment through from your bank
Message 5 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

@rmduhon wrote:
 They will also report if you 'push' a payment through from your bank

I would not recommend doing this, the way they have been shutting down accounts lately.  No need to poke the sleeping bear.  Use the account normally and they will report useage.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my new Comenity accounts reported but it took a few weeks for me. I've had some of the accounts for a year and have never used them. I ask for CLI's every month which I sometimes get and those take several months to update with no use of the account.

My JCrew account finally had that big CLI jump but has been stuck on my reports as $450 CL for months. I bought an item for $7 with free shipping so my $5,450 CL will report. It's my first purchase with them. Just waiting for my statement to cut so my report will update with the real CL.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.