Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commenity!

tag
Kpowek1
Valued Member

Commenity!

commenity put a delinquent account from 1985 on my credit!  I got a credit card 6mos ago with them and no problem!  Now! Since I have a new account they pop up with a account from 1985! I don't ever remember this account.  Really! 30 years ago **bleep**!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Commenity!

Welcome to the forums. You can dispute with the bureaus for time barred debt.

Also, check out http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit for more helpful information.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 6
Kpowek1
Valued Member

I don't see how it was my debt. I didn't even have a job. I just had my second  child then. I was a teenager. I don't understand how credit bureau's can even put anything that old on anyone credit anyway. Even, if it is a valid debt. Go figure!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the CRAs at your earliest convenience. They may be able to remove it while you are on the phone. Remember to stay calm, composed and to the point. Good luck.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, just dispute it. Way past reporting time and is not collectible, due to the SOL being far expired.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it being reported by Commenity or is it being reported by a junk debt buyer/collection agency?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.