Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments Requested on Chapter 13 Bankruptcy/ Tax Lien

tag
rockup55
Contributor

Comments Requested on Chapter 13 Bankruptcy/ Tax Lien

I filed for Chapter 13 BK in 2007 and a major part of my debts included IRA tax obligations.  I fulfilled all the payment obligations of my Chapter 13 BK including the payment of an IRS tax Lien and was discharged from my BK in Feb 2011.  The Chapter 13 BK has been dropped from reporting by all three of the Credit Reporting Agencies.  However, the IRS tax Lien remain on my report  although it is reported as paid.  Since my Chapter 13 BK which included the IRS Tax Lien has been discharged and is no longer reporting and the IRS Tax Lien was paid off as part of the Chapter 13 payment obligations, do, I have any hope of getting the Credit Reporting Agencies to stop reporting the IRS tax Lien early.  The IRS Tax Lien got paid off in 2010 so right now it looks like it would continue to report as a paid Tax Lien until 2017 (seven years after payoff) unless I could convince them to remove it early.  It's the only baddie left on my reports.  I am not disputing it because it was real but was just wondering if I had a shot at getting it removed early since it was a part of my Chapter 13 which has been discharged and i no longer reporting.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comments Requested on Chapter 13 Bankruptcy/ Tax Lien

File IRS Form 12277, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
rockup55
Contributor

Re: Comments Requested on Chapter 13 Bankruptcy/ Tax Lien

Thank you very much for that input.  I did a little research on form 12277 and based on what I read this seems like a very viable option.  I will report back on any outcome of my efforts.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.